Code in the Dark is a front-end (HTML, CSS) competition, originating from Tictail, where each contestant compete to implement a website design given only a screenshot. The catch is that no previews of the results are allowed during the implementation, and no measuring tools can be used. The winner is decided by the audience
Code in the Dark will consist of only one round.
Participants will be given a screenshot of a website which they will have to replicate using only html and CSS on any IDE they want to.
Please let us know the IDE when filling the form.
The participants will be given 1 hour to finish the design from scratch.
All the assets will be provided such as images and icons of the website.
Remember that you will not be allowed to preview your work on any browser while coding.
If you get caught while previewing your design, you will be DISQUALIFIED immediately.
1) The team whose design will be the most similar to the one provided will be announced as winners.
2) You will be judged on how well the CSS and HTML has been written.
3) You will be judged on how well the code is formatted.
4) If there is some small error which can have huge effect on the final design of the website, those errors may be ignored by the judges.
5) There will only be one winner and one runners up.
- Each team will consist of maximum of 3 members.
- The time of round will be 1 hour.
- Each team receives a bundle of the editor, which includes a screenshot of the page they should implement with HTML/CSS and any additional assets they might need.
- No iframes, frameworks, snippets or other assets outside of the ones listed in the instructions are allowed. The site should be built from scratch during the competition.
- The team should have the editor in full screen mode and is never allowed to exit out of it or use any measurement tools.
- Previews of the results are strictly forbidden until the time is over.
- Once the 1 hour timer runs out, each team will have to save their work and leave the premise. Winners and runners-up will be announced on the closing ceremony day.
- You will not be allowed to leave the room until the round time ends.
- The ProBattle management holds the right to change these rules without prior notice.
- Failure to oblige by the rules above can lead to the disqualification of a team from the competition
Muhammad Salman Hanif: 0322-2681575Register Now