This competition is all about bringing out the artistic side of you. Your design and color scheme represents your personality and perceptions. Adobe Photoshop is an amazing tool, basically a virtual art box that you can use to showcase your talents. This event is designed for all those interested in the vast, imaginative world of graphics. There will be three rounds with different time allocations. Contestants will be asked to create posters and logos for many scenarios. Submissions will be judged on the basis of professionalism, visual appeal, color schemes, logical flow, arrangement and organization.
Contestants will be provided with a client (representing a company/agency ) with some design requirements (e.g color scheme, theme , etc) and tailored to these needs they will have to prepare designs (Company Logo, brochure, posters, flyers, etc) for their promotional campaigns.
Some of the aspects the contestants will need to consider for their designs:
1. Customer focus and relevance
2. Distinctiveness/ Creativity
4. Adaptability (for e.g can it work with black and white, is it scalable? etc.)
5. Depth of Meaning (does it convey any message)
1. Usage of external flash drives/ Hard Disks is prohibited, and they will be confiscated and contestants will be disqualified.
2. Designs must be done in the required time. Any additional improvement after the allocated time will be not be considered.
3. Source material and relevant information will be provided, access to the web is not allowed.
4. You will be working with the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
Samia Sohail Azim: 0306-2759003
Saad Zubairi: 0331-3009634